Set Yourself Apart
Sessions available through November 10, 2017.
By now, you’ve probably realized that your 6th grade English teacher was right. Writing is one of the—if not the—most important skills to have. Across industries, across positions, and across career levels, good writing can separate you from the crowd. And good writing is essential for this little thing we call content.
Since you’re in marketing, though, you’ve also probably realized that marketing writing is a bit different than middle school fiction. But some of the same time-tested principles apply, and if you attend our free Marketing Writing Virtual Conference you’ll learn how “The Hero’s Journey,” compelling storylines, and consistent voice can net you more engagement from your content. It can even make Google love you more. Bet your 6th grade teacher didn’t see that one coming.
A Novel (Writing) Approach to Content Marketing
When it comes to captivating readers, nobody can hold a candle to the great novelists. Good content marketers can stand on the shoulders of fiction giants and use their techniques to bring life to their own work. This session will share storytelling lessons from Ernest Hemingway, Kurt Vonnegut, P.D. James, Agatha Christie, and other literary giants.
You will learn:
- How to use plot and throughlines to bring life to your business storytelling
- How to show the MacGuffin in your content marketing without ruining your story
- How “The Hero’s Journey” can create compelling case studies and whitepapers
Writing for SEO: How to Get Out of the SEO Weeds and Give Customers (and Google) What They Want
Customers are now armed with more knowledge of your brand than ever before and make decisions based on factors that you may have never even considered. But today’s algorithms are constantly changing. So how do you stay ahead of the curve? In this session, you will learn how to write content that humans want to read (and that brings them closer to buying), but that is also structured to make it easy for Google to understand where you fit and how to rank you properly.
You will learn:
- How to write copy that draws customers in and leads them to conversion
- How to help Google rank you properly and steadily higher
- What works in SEO and what is a waste of effort
Your One-Pager Says It All (So No Pressure)
One-pagers convey the most essential information about your brand and why potential clients should consider working with you. They’re a valuable tool to use at an event, during the sales process, or as a download from your website. But as with any piece of marketing, it’s important to “cut the fluff” and get right to the point. In this session, we’ll address three common pitfalls and how to avoid them, thus maximizing the effectiveness of your one-pager.
You will learn:
- The Non-Starter Pitfall: Why it occurs and how to get past it
- The Clipart Gone Wild Pitfall: What to do when your one-pager resembles a bargain-basement clipart gallery with some WordArt thrown in for good measure
- The Content Overload Pitfall: Best practices for establishing your voice and personality on paper
Take a look at some of our previous conferences, on-demand
Smarter content. Content that gets your brand noticed. The conference includes three educational sessions designed to give you actionable insights that you can implement immediately. In addition, you have access to a networking lounge, a sponsor area, and a resource center with attendee-only extras.